half day | 8-24 participants | all professionals
We've all sat through that PowerPoint. You know the one; it's filled with boring bullet points, useless tables and data, and dull, cluttered slides. It's never fun to sit through that presentation, but that's nothing compared to delivering it. "Life by PowerPoint" makes an excellent companion program to "Presenting with Power and Persuasion" or works great as a stand-alone session to get your team using PowerPoint as a tool to truly communicate, not just lecture about a subject.
This workshop begins with an overview of how participants can go about planning for their presentation before even booting up the computer. Through engaging examples, the trainer demonstrates to participants the importance of building and sticking to an agenda. The course then covers the top ten presentation no-no's and how to fix them. Finally, the program utilizes an interactive exercise in which participants build a PowerPoint presentation and deliver it to the group for feedback.
Participants leave this session with the ability to:
- Plan and prepare for successful presentations
- Understand the importance of creating an accurate agenda - and sticking to it
- Utilize PowerPoint as a tool to foster better communication instead of using it as a crutch
- Differentiate between essential and non-essential slide elements
- Capture an audience and use slides effectively to tell a story
- Use animations and other PowerPoint techniques effectively
This engaging course provides easy-to-implement strategies and solutions that will immediately improve the style, content, and effectiveness of presentations